Don't Take Melatonin. 10 Safe Sleep Hacks for Stupendous Slumber
Melatonin tablets are a very popular sleep supplement, you can find them for sale in plastic bottles in nearly every pharmacy. But Melatonin is problematic.
- Like a lot of drugs, it creates a dependency as it desensitizes your biology to a natural hormone. The first time you drop 5 or 10 milligrams of Melatonin you’ll get some great sleep but if you do that often, more than once or twice a week maximum you’ll build up a dependency. Your body will need the extra supplemental Melatonin, and you’ll have more problems getting to sleep without it.
- The melatonin hangover - Excess Melatonin when supplemented hangs around until the next morning making you groggy and sleepy in the morning as opposed to bounding out of bed ready to take on the day.
I’m naturally a kind of high strung, stimulation seeking person and since I can remember I had problems getting to sleep because there’s just always SO MUCH to think about. I do have a bottle of Melatonin in my supplement cabinet but I use it very rarely because frankly, it’s a crappy sleep hack compared with some better solutions I’ve found for awesome, rejuvenating sleep.
- Not staring at glowing screens for about an hour before going to bed.
- Installing a blue light blocking app on your laptop and smartphone.
- Turning off your wifi router before bed.
- Wearing orange-tinted glass for an hour or two before bed.
- An hour or two before bedtime turn off your lights and illuminate your room with candles.
- Don’t drink coffee within 6-8 hours of bedtime.
- Doing some kind of meditation before bed.
- Avoiding alcohol and nicotine before bed.
- Drinking a sleepy time herbal tea cocktail of powdered Ashwagandha, Chamomile, raw honey, and high-quality apple cider vinegar.
- C60 in Olive Olive - An anti-aging super sleep hack
Doctors and anti-aging experts have long advised against taking sleeping medication or supplements because many of them hack our hormones in invasive ways, causing dependance or long term imbalances. The carbon 60 fullerene molecule (C60) is a natural anti-aging agent that is turning heads in the biohacking sphere of professional research scientists and self experimenters because of its excellent safety profile, lack of toxicity and effectiveness.